Happy Valentine’s Day! So I went for a warm peachy pink dewy look instead of the usual red lip for Valentine’s. That’s because I felt everybody will be posting and wearing a red lip so I decided to be a little different and go for what I think is a more unique but still sophisticated look.
Also, some of you might find bright red lipstick intimidating and high-maintenance even for a special occasion, so why not go for something a little more muted but still very sexy and flattering?
So this is the look:
And here is how I did it!
Skin Prep and Priming
- I cleansed, exfoliated and moisturized my face thoroughly using a Physiogel non-comedogenic moisturizing cleanser and CosRX honey ceramide full moisture cream. I used a dime-sized amount of moisturizer and massaged it all over my face and then added some more on flaky and dry patches.
- Then I applied Celeteque brightening Eye Tuck Plus Dark Circles Lightener on my eyes.
- I applied a light film of Banila co. Prime Primer in Classic on the bridge of my nose (where I have bumpy pores), the edges of my cheeks and nose (where I have bigger pores), and chin (where I also have bumpy pores).
- I used Covergirl Outlast Stay Luminous natural glow foundation in shade 855/Soft Honey, applying with my fingers and blending with a damp beautyblender.
- I applied a thin layer on the center of my face blending outwards.
- I applied thin layers over and over on pigmented patches like my chin and jaw.
- I DID NOT apply any foundation on my undereyes.
- I applied Benefit Erase Paste on my undereyes and blended by tapping with my fingers.
- I applied Maybelline Fit Me! Concealer in shade Medium (25) on my undereyes, chin, spots on my jaw, and the corners of my mouth.
- I blended everything with a damp beautyblender, pressing very firmly as if “kneading” my skin like dough.
- I set my foundation and concealer using Happy Skin Dont Get Mad Get Even Powder Foundation in Natural Beige by tapping the same beautyblender on the pressed powder and then again kneading it onto my undereyes, chin, jaw, corners of my mouth — basically anywhere I applied concealer and heavier foundation.
- I used the Sephora Medium Shopping Bag palette for my eyeshadow using the following shades:
- After eyeshadow, I applied several coats of Maxfactor False Lash Effect Mascara on my upper and bottom lashes allowing the mascara to stain the base of my bottom lashes then cleaning it with a cotton bud after it was dry to create a smoky smudged look.
Blush, Highlight and Contour
- I used a peachy nude blush on my cheeks from the same Sephora palette I used on my eyes:
- I used the Sleek Solstice Highlighting Palette to highlight my cheekbones, nose bridge, cupid’s bow, and chin:
- I used the bronzer in the Sleek Face Contour Kit in Medium on the hollows of my cheeks, temples, jawline, and the sides of my nose bridge.
- I scrubbed and moisturized my lips first by applying lip balm and scrubbing with a wet wipe, then re-applying lip balm.
- I used the Kylie lipliner in Ginger as lipstick by lining it all over my lips.
- Then I blotted the color by tapping my lips with my fingers and applying lip balm on the center to tone down the color.
And that’s it! Hope this helps you with your look tonight! And feel free to leave a comment or message me for questions!