I absolutely love dark colored lipsticks. However they’re kind of hard to pull off because they can make you look washed out and they can also look messy. I was just practicing with cream eyeshadow today and decided to go with a dark lip and I loved how it turned out so I’m just sharing it with all of you.
- Skin prep: Miniso hydrating toner, Etude House Wonder Pore Clearing Emulsion, CosRX Honey Ceramide Full Moisture Cream
- Priming just on my t-zone: Banila Co. Prime Primer Classic
- L’oreal True Match Liquid Foundation in G2 applied with a Japonesque 912 Foundation Brush
- Liquid highlighter: Sleek Barekissed Illuminator in Cuba just on my cheekbones up to my temple applied and blended with the Japonesque 912 foundation brush I used earlier
Then I did my concealing using my usual:
- Benefit Erase Paste applied and blended just by tapping with my fingers
- Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in Sand on my undereyes, blended with my fingers
- Set with W7 Banana Dreams Loose Powder applied with the same Japonesque foundation brush I used for my base, then I swept off the excess powder with a large fan brush
I didnt have to do concealing on the rest of my face today because I used a volcanic clay mask and then applied a cosRX AHA serum the night before and it literally erased my visible whiteheads and also reduced bumpiness. Yay!
After concealing I applied my eye makeup using just one shade of cream concealer in dark brown from my Sephora Medium Shopping Bag palette and a black kohl eyeliner by Maybelline. Then I smudged the kohl with a pencil brush and applied it just on the outer corner of my bottom waterline and lashline. Then I applied a nude eyeliner from the inner corner of my eye outwards until it blended with the black kohl. I finished my eye makeup with my favorite mascara, the MaxFactor False Lash Effect.
For my cheeks, I used a peach powder blush from the same Sephora palette dusted with a Real Techniques blush brush. Then I warmed my face with bronzer from the Sleek Face Contour Kit palette in medium applied with the same brush. I finished with dusting the powder highlighter from the Sleek Contour Kit palette just on the tops of my cheekbones using the same blush brush.
For my lips, I first lined it with Dolce K lipliner just on the lip line before I attempted to fill it with the lipstick. The shade I used for this look is Colourpop Chilly Chili which is a dark brown with a hint of maroon. I used Dolce K because it is close to my natural lip color and I didnt have any liner that matched the Chilly Chili.
This was just something spontaneous as I was just practicing but I wish I did a video. I’ll try to do another video soon!