So, yesterday Get the Gloss published this video on YouTube. This is a Brigitte Bardot-inspired bridal look created by Mary Greenwell in partnership with Chanel. I was so mesmerized by this look that I tried to recreate it as soon as I could.
Of course I can’t afford Chanel! I just used whatever I had on hand and I came up with this look:
The photos above were taken more than 5 hours since I did my makeup and because I had a cold and was constantly blowing my nose, the foundation and concealer on my nose had already faded but NBD!
While Mary was doing the look, she kept reiterating the Bardot beauty was all about looking effortlessly done up, like sultry and messy but still beautiful. So that was my mental state throughout the look, like I wasn’t making sure everything was precise, I was just slapping it on as I wanted to and I had so much fun!
Here’s how I did it and these are the products I used:
- Eyes: I did my eyes first in case of fallout. I primed my eyes with the Essence 2 in 1 primer. I used the Tarte Tarteist Pro to Go eyeshadow palette starting with shade “drive” all over my eyelids from lid to browbone. Then I applied a combination of “stylin” and “crisp” all over my mobile lid and crease. Then I deepened my crease and outer corner with “stylin’.” Then I applied a Holika Holika brown eyeliner on the upper and lower lashline and smudged it out with “stylin'”.
- Base: I slathered the Sephora cream moisturizer all over my face first then applied a generous amount of Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless mixed with the Becca Backlight Priming Filter on the back of my hand. I applied and blended with my fingers true to Mary Greenwell fashion and I have to say, the Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless liquid foundation glided on effortlessly. I blended everything again with a clean blending sponge just to make sure everything sat well on the skin. Next I applied the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Liquid in Opal on the high points of my cheekbones, bridge of my nose, sides of my forehead, cupid’s bow.
- Concealer: I applied eye cream then the Benefit Erase Paste to color correct by tapping it with my fingers. I used Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in Sand mixed with Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in Custard to conceal my undereyes and highlight the center of my face.
- Setting: I set my undereyes and T-zone with the Maybelline Fit Me powder foundation and the Real Techniques Setting Brush. I didn’t set the rest of my face because I have dry skin.
- Cheeks: I used Tony Moly Cheek Tone Powder #3 as blush applied with the Real Techniques Blush Brush. Then I used Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil with the Wayne Goss Air Brush to contour my cheekbones, jaw, and nose. Then I used the highlight shade from the Sleek Face Contour Kit palette in Medium as a natural glowy highlight applying with the Real Techniques fan brush dampened with MAC Fix+ to keep it looking “wet.”
- Lips: I used Colourpop Ultra Satin in Strip topped with Ultra Glossy in Game On in the center.
- Brows: I used the “stylin'” shade from the Tarte Tarteist pro to go palette for my brows to keep it natural and “undone” as Mary Greenwell did in the video then set it with Essence Make Me Brow Gel in Browny Brows.
- Mascara: Maybelline Hyper Curl Volume Express.
- Setting Spray: Just used MAC fix+ to keep everything dewy. I don’t have a setting spray for longevity yet but if you have one, definitely use it especially for a bridal look!
That’s it! I hope this helps or inspires you in some way. I am so proud of my work (considering I’m not a makeup artist!) so I really wanted to share this with you.
Until next time!
THE Legend Mary Greenwell herself liked and commented on my Instagram photo.
I am shooketh. I cannot sleep. 😍😍😍