So last week we went to a concert to see Zara Larsson, DNCE, and Dua Lipa. First off, it was AMAZING! Although we really mainly came for Zara, DNCE’s set was the most unforgettable for me because they Brought. The Entire. Arena. Down. We screamed and danced throughout their set because we couldn’t help it! Zara was a bit sick so she went offstage several times throughout presumably to puke. Felt bad for her but she still sang SO GOOD 😉 and danced her cute butt off. She also apologized several times for feeling sick so it was all good.
But that’s not what this post is for! I needed to film and do my makeup 6 hours earlier than the concert so I needed to make it last the entire day and night. This was my look:
I went for a dark purple smoky eye with some halo spotlight placement using the Smashbox Santigolden Earth As We Know It eyeshadow palette. It’s this cool tiny palette that I got recently on massive sale for only ~$10 from Beauty Bar (a local department store).
If you’re interested in how I did my look, I have a video tutorial as well:
Basically, I made the eyeshadow longer wearing by using an eyeliner as base for the dark eyeshadow in the inner and outer corners. I made my foundation longer wearing as well by using a lot of moisturizer underneath and then setting my entire face with powder as opposed to just select areas.
These were the products I used:
- MAC Fix+
- CosRX Honey Ceramide Full Moisture Cream
- Loreal Infallible Pro Matte – 104
- Benefit Erase Paste – No. 2
- Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector – Opal
- NYX HD Studio Photogenic Concealer
- Beauty Buffet Gino McCray undereye concealer
- Kat Von D Beauty Shade + Light Contour Palette
- Tony Moly Cheektone Powder P05
- W7 Banana Dreams Loose Powder
- W7 Bronze & Glow palette
- Flormar invisible loose powder
- Catrice Made to stay khol kajal liner
- Smashbox Santigolden earth as we know it palette
- Sephora Retractable waterproof eyeliner – matte black
- Happy Skin At long lash mascara
- NYX Micro brow pencil
- Nichido clear brow gel
- Jordana Easyliner for lips – coco loco
- Too faced melted matte – chihuahua
Thankfully, most of my makeup did last satisfactorily the entire time! Although my undereyes started to dry up and show dry patches when I got to the concert because they were very dry that day, it was only noticeable in broad daylight, so I thought it looked okay.
This was what I brought on my makeup bag with me for the next day and also in case I needed touching up:
- The Face Shop Designing Brow Pencil
- Jordana Easyliner for Lips – Coco Loco
- Tony Moly Cheektone Powder – P05
- Smashbox travel mini kabuki
- Smashbox Santigold palette
- Natural bristle detailer brush
- Rimmel Brow This Way clear brow gel
- Kat Von D Lock-it Makeup Setting Mist
The mini kabuki is for touching up my blush and brushing off any possible mascara fallout. The palette and detailer brush are for touching up the eyeshadow in case it faded or looked messy before I got to the concert. The setting spray was for in case I looked too dry or too oily. I can’t really powder my face over completely set makeup as it gets cakey or flaky so I use a spray as I find it mattifies the t-zone yet also hydrates the rest of the face. (Love this spray by the way, it’s super fine and really effective too.)
So that’s it! I hope I helped you with this post. Until next time.